Saturday, July 4

4th

i have to apologize for the lack of posts lately. we have been so busy around here. so much to do, so little time! here is a bit of an update on what has been going on in my world.
-the kid's play house is almost done and i am absolutely thrilled at how it is all working out. we decided to go pretty simple and i think it will be great for the kids to use their imaginations and creativity. i will post some pictures when it is all finished.
-last week, we spent a few days at a wonderful beach house in aptos and it was so nice to get away for a few days. we went to the beach every day and squeezed in a few hours at the santa cruz beach boardwalk when the fog rolled in. if you are interested in renting a wonderful house in aptos, let me know!
-my husband and i celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. 8 years! i can't believe it! i still look back on our wedding day and smile. the day was magical - all of our family and friends came together to celebrate and it was so special. thank you to my husband for putting up with me! we have been through a lot of craziness in eight years - five different homes, two beautiful children, a new job and many other ups and downs that go with the territory. thank you jerry!
- my little sister is celebrating her 25th birthday today. happy birthday to my super smart, talented, creative and beautiful sister, dana!
-team in training is going well and we are up to 8 miles now. i know october will sneak up on me so quickly but i am still aiming for a full marathon. every time i feel like it is too much, i just think of what my brother has been through with cancer treatment and i know that my problems are trivial.
i wish you a happy fourth of july weekend. we are hosting the annual block party at our house and i am looking forward to some yummy bbq, lemonade, fresh fruit and spending time with friends. what else could a girl want?
cheers!

No comments: